Toronto Public Library uses Technology to Optimize Greater Toronto Area Portfolio
square feet of space
of portfolio over 50 years old
Toronto Public Library needed to develop a comprehensive real estate portfolio analysis which included facility condition, compliance audits, accessibility audits, energy analysis and portfolio project planning. They decided to utilize 4tell Solution’s Real Estate Portfolio Solution and Assessment Solution to support this extensive data gathering and analysis project.
The 4tell™ Platform provided comprehensive facility condition and lifecycle assessments as well as accessibility audits of Toronto Public Library sites. In addition, the 4tell technology was used to assess infrastructure, buildings, and components of buildings, as well as a wide variety of other constructed assets and existing building operation support systems.
As part of the facility assessments, the technology provided recommendations for deferred maintenance of deficiencies, as well as analyses of cost of deficiency, facility condition information and lifecycle analysis for component renewal, which helped Toronto Public Library make timely and accurate decision around priorities within their real estate portfolio.
In addition, 4tell™ also provided the technology platform and mobile assessment tools to perform:
- CO2Emissions reductions and Utility Consumption Analysis to obtain funding
- Compliance reviews such as accessibility audits throughout the portfolio
- Validation of real property asset inventory data provided by the client to correct errors and omissions.
- Portfolio modeling functions and calculations for operations and maintenance allocations across the portfolio
- Serving as gatekeeper in the client’s internal facility system, with responsibility for evaluating new and existing backlog items that are entered by field personnel before final acceptance into the system
Project Desired Outcomes
The following outcomes where identified and realized as part of the Toronto Public Library project:
- Streamline and optimize the capital planning process to maximize funding opportunities and return on investment
- Identify and mitigate risk associated with compliance
- Deliver information and insights, including a summary of real property assets, deficiencies, replacement values, solution recommendations, cost estimates for deficiency solutions, appendices, photos and drawings
- Deliver a standard, consistent method of funding across the real estate portfolio
Additional Success Stories
District of Columbia
22 million square feet of owned and leased space with over $300 million in annual real estate and energy expenditures.Learn More
U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs
28 million square feet of owned and leased space with over 5,700 buildings at 350+ locations nationwide.Learn More
State of Oregon
15 million square feet of owned space with over 1,500 buildings across multiple agencies statewide.Learn More